External Wall Insulation ia a layer of rigid insulation fixed to the outside walls of a building and covered with a reinforced, weatherproof render coat.
External Wall Insulation systems come with full product guarantees and are Energy Saving Trust Recommended.
Insulating walls is a very effective way of reducing the costs of heating your your home. As much as 45% of space heat can be lost through solid walls with no insulation. External Wall Insulation will reduce heat loss considerably and can save around £500 a year in heating costs of a typical home (source: Energy Saving Trust).
At the same time, you have an attractive new and weatherproof exterior that is low maintenance, long lasting and potentially add value to your home.
If you own a property without a cavity in the walls, improving its thermal performance means insulating either internally or externally. Using external wall insulation has the following advantages:
- No internal living space is lost, as all the insulation is on the outside walls
- No need to vacate your home whilst work takes place and no need to move furniture and fittings
- No internal redecoration is required
- Thicker or higher performing insulation can be used, resulting in warmer walls
- The risk of condensation and cold-bridging is eliminated as the whole building is wrapped in insulation
- Your home will warm up more quickly and you wont have too keep the heating on for as long to reach a comfortable temperature
- The high performance render finishes used on the system offer excellent durability and protection against rain,
UV rays from sunlight and cracking. Our finishes have the colour pigmants added during the mixing process which means
they never have to be painted, providing you with a low maintenance property